Tara Salt Flat. Senda Mística.
Tara Salt Flat is located at the border point where Chile, Argentina and Bolivia meet and is also part of the Flamingos National Reserve, just on the Vilama Volcano cráter, wich makes it the perfect spot to do trekkings and photography.
The first stop of the tour will be Quepiaco River, where you will be able to enjoy of beautiful contrasts generated for the dramatic change of the landscape. We will continue to Pujsa Salt Flat, one of the largest reserves of its kind and the nesting point for flamingos. The next destination will be Pecan Monks, huge rock formations that emerges abruptly in the middle of the desert. Finally, we will end up in Tara, one of the most amazing attractions of the Chilean altiplano, we will walk around the cathedrals, the salt lake and admire the vast wild life around. To finish up with a lunch feeling the peace that the place brings.
- Time: Full Day 8:00 – 17:00.
- Altitude: 4.300 mt.
- Acclimatization: 2 nights.
- Included: Hotel pick up, shared transportation, guide, breakfast and lunch.
- What to Bring: Water, warm clothes, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- Restrictions: Not suitable for people with problems related to the altitude.