Red Rocks. Senda Mística.
Located 160 km away from San Pedro, this tour will take you at the south part of the region, passing the Tropic of Capricorn and getting into the Chilean altiplano. The first stop will be in Socaire, a historic village known for its traditional Church and historical terraced plantations of quinoa and purple potatoes. Here, we will have breakfast to continue our trip towards the Altiplanic Lagoons, we will visit later Red Rocks. Once there you are going to discover one of the most unexpected landscapes of the area, a place surrounded by red rocks, because of the oxidation of iron they contain, with the amazing Aguas Calientes Salt Flat in front, a turquoise lagoon, and the Andes Mountain Range to frame a this majestic scenery. Upon returning, we will stop in Socaire again, to have lunch in a restaurant.
On the way back we will enter the Atacama Salt Flat until arriving at the Chaxa Lagoon where we can enjoy a pleasant walk through the interior of the Salar accompanied by the beautiful flamingos. Before arriving in San Pedro we will visit the town of Toconao to visit the famous Church of San Lucas.
- Duration: Full Day 7:00 – 18:00.
- Altitude: 4.300 mt.
- Acclimatization: 2 nights.
- Included: Hotel pick up, shared transportation and guide. Breakfast and lunch in restaurant.
- Not included: Entry tickets CLP $ 5.500.
- What to bring: Water, snacks, sunscreen, sunglasses and warm clothes.
- Restrictions: Not suitable for people with problems related to the altitude.