Altiplanic Lagoons. Senda Mística.
We leave from San Pedro towards the south to arrive in approximately 90 minutes to the town of Socaire known by its prehistoric terraces of culture. After a full breakfast in Socaire we will visit the Meñiques and Miscanti Altiplanic Lagoons, located at the foot of the majestic volcanoes and the Andes Mountain Range. The elegant vicuñas emphasize on the blue color of the lagoons and the ocher of the grass that surrounds them. On our way back we enter the great Salar de Atacama until we reach the Chaxa Lagoon where the three species of flamingoes that live in Chile live: Andean flamingo, Chilean flamingo, James flamingo.
The tour ends with the visit to the town of Toconao where we know the Church of San Lucas..
- Time: Half day 7:00 – 14:30.
- Altitude: 4,220 meters.
- Acclimatization: 2 nights.
- Included: Hotel pick up, shared transportation and guide. Breakfast in restaurant.
- Not included: Entry tickets CLP $ 5.500.
- What to bring: Bring water and warm clothing.
- Restrictions: Not suitable for people with problems related to the altitude.